There’s a certain level of nihilism that a writer must achieve to be any good at the craft. I’ve reached that level of nihilism so hopefully my writing improves soon.
I was a strategist for a semester. Now I’m in my eighth trimester as a copywriter. The babies take forever to come out, but when they do, at least I get to name them.
1x Gold National
1x Best In Show
1x Judge’s Pick
1x Wood Pencil
- The Balloon ParadoxInflation is good for balloons and bad for happiness.
- The Bad Mornings ClubWe don’t discriminate between texts, calls, or in-person greetings. We’re bad at all of them.
- 66 PoundsIt cost me over $100 to bring the suitcase overseas.
- LimpingI half-assed a minor in philosophy. Why? My parents strongly advised me against it.
- I drink too muchI write too little.
- How Are You?I’m older, wiser, drunker, dumber.
- Chivalry is DeadAnd buried by every split check.
- Protected: A Thesis for Horrible PeopleThis content is password protected.
- The StormThe lighthouse is gone. Now I’m just a beat-to-shit ship in the storm (hopefully the ship has devil horns).
- A Victim of CircumstanceMaybe I’m blinded by feeling. Maybe I’m feeling blind. Maybe I should open up my blinds and let some sunlight in. I wouldn’t sparkle, but I would get a fair tan.
- The Fede InterviewGrab your tissues and wine bottle just as I did and buckle up for a good old fashioned love story.
- Self-AnalysisI don’t own a seven thousand-dollar Cuban link; I have one seven-dollar silver necklace that holds two inch-long dangling drumsticks.
- SYou were once the girl of my dreams, but I haven’t been sleeping well.
- Drivers of InnovationNot every piece of media is meant to be as universal as Pirates of the Caribbean.
- The Artist Mentality 2Am I the art or the artist?
- Innovation in Dating ShowsPeople say dogs look like their owners, so what if we get people to date based on their dogs?
- The War of the WorldsJust because we all have a voice doesn’t mean we all should.
- Fall in ReverseFall in reverse. You won’t hit the ground.
- PerceptionI said I would be a writer but I don’t know what that entails.
- MosquitoHe caught a mosquito. The last thing it saw was a round of applause.
- HawkFind solace in the silence.
- Goodnight Kitten“Goodnight, Kitten”, he says as he takes off his fedora. He closes discord. He googles Google. “Mmmmph”
- ABC StoryApples are amazing, but you know what I prefer? Bananas.
- Taki’s DogEating Taki’s feels like becoming a superhero.
- People Like BallsPeople like balls.
- Doof DaysAnder Perez wrote this in 3rd person so his SEO can be improved.
- How to WritePeople need to fall in love with not just my writing, but with me as a person. Comma splices only get me so far.
- How to ReadComplacency is the antagonist of creativity. It’s impossible to improve as a writer if you never read.
- The Case Against ReligionThe sky is not the limit, but neither is heaven. For those who believe in the afterlife, I advocate for them to see it.
- Lutheran Church Site VisitIt’s safe to say that my knowledge of Church was minimal to nun.
- Improving as a WriterFor twenty-one years I’ve been told I have potential. Wait until I figure out how to use it.
- Why the Superbowl 100 Commercial WorksTo celebrate a century of football, the NFL dished out a Super Bowl commercial with a budget that would make Bill Gates quiver.
- WAP: The Feminist Revolution“I want you to park that big Mack truck, right in this little garage,” said Cardi B as she struck the liberty bell.
- Master’s Application EssayMusic has the special power to transcend language. Maybe I’m just speaking like a drummer, but you don’t need to understand lyrics to be able to feel the rhythm.
- RhetoricHilter managed to bring an entire country together with the vindication to tear other countries apart.
- How Art Can Change the WorldIf you aren’t familiar with Ligma you can ask me about it.
- I’m HappyWhat I tell myself is what I become, so choosing my words wisely is crucial to my sanity.
- Letter to XuanI’ve come a long way from having my reading level defined by my twitter feed.
- I was an AccidentMy brother was planned, I on the other hand, was a New Year’s Eve with a bit too much champagne.
- An Ode to TobyCelebrate life instead of mourning death.
- The AfterlifeGod is an easy answer to questions that shouldn’t be easily answered.
- Does Death Negate the Meaning of Life?If death negates life’s meaning, sadness negates what it means to be happy.
- Apology – Plato and Socrates AnalysisNo evil can befall a good man.
- Tragic OptimismWe are not searching for happiness; instead a reason to be happy.
- BetrayalWe are subjects of life creating more accidents to give life meaning. As long as we are not forgotten, we are not dead.
- The 400 AmigosThe Three Amigos closes with their theme song in over a sunset. The 400 Blows ends with a stare into the camera and a cut to black. One makes you laugh, the other makes you appreciate life.
- Joker vs. At Eternity’s GateTwo traumatized individuals devolving into madness.
- All Animals are Created EqualI don’t care if you look like me or not, if you can feel the same pain as me, our interests should be considered the same.
- The LighthouseI watched The Lighthouse at a comfy theatre with reclining chairs while speaking spanglish and downing spiked Coca Cola. My circumstance was nothing like these men, yet they were inevitably relatable.
- Branded to Kill: No One is SafeJoe is either horny for his wife, or horny for war. His growing obsession to the hunt leads to his isolation.
- Aris-thought-leBring out your Gin and Tonic and let’s drink every time you see the word “happy.”
- Pickpocket: Sound Design & EditingEmotional storytelling doesn’t just lie in the directors and actors’ hands, it comes in the form of dialogue, music, sound, editing, and the build-up and release of tension.
- Playtime: Acting Mimics RealityDespite the proper attire used throughout the entirety of the film, no one is taken seriously.
- CinematographyThe story comes first.
- The Green New DealFor saying a lot of words AOC really didn’t say much.
- KissI want to analyze the moment when the conversation stops, and the slow-motion seconds lead up to our lip hi-five.
- Friends with BenefitsFrom her Twitter direct messages to her guts, it has been a true Miami love story from the start.
- More than WordsThis was a hot afternoon in the summer of 2018. We were playing rock band in my living room.
- TruthIf deceit is the key to persuasion, truth is not necessary.
- Power and RhetoricIf truth can be omitted for the good of the argument, then it very well will be.
- I’m Craving CookiesIntroducing my secret weapon: broke college-student pouty face
- Buddhism vs. ChristianityWe are often overwhelmed by a sense of alienation, our own weakness, and inadequacy. In response, we seek enlightenment.
- Karl Marx vs. Max WeberMan becomes enslaved not just by man, but by religious practice.
- The Pros and Cons of Online ConflictSometimes it will be online and sometimes it will be in person, but all the time, we will have the power to make decisions for ourselves.
- How does Anger Affect Conflict?The seconds felt endless when he wasn’t enveloped inside the world of Words with Friends.
- Myths and RitualsAs ritual is the act, myth is the thought.
- PhenomenologyPhenomenology is the attempt at defining religion by the feelings evoked.
- The Artist MentalityThere are two types of people in this world: artists and everybody else.
- IdentityOn July 14th, 2016, I picked up a video camera and filmed myself saying the words I would then echo for months to come, “Good morning everybody.”
- Breaking Social NormsEating food with my hands in public is breeze for me.
- Everyday UseThis short story is bubbling with detailed characters and character development.
- A Jury of Her PeersA Jury of Her Peers emphasizes the boundary between the male and female genders.
- The Catcher in the RyeTrauma, losing your innocence too quickly, and the uncertainty of the future.
- Having a Coke with YouWith young love comes two emotionally unstable teenagers unable to form a full thought without getting on top of eachother.
- What Lips my Lips Have KissedShe is a tree, her lovers are ghosts, and her happiness changes as the seasons.
- Hi I’m BubbaBubba: No no, none of that jibber-jabber doodly-doo squat. Do you not remember the first rule, bacon is good, fruit is bad.
- Doctor Who (Prank)My prank war in high school featured crimes of varying severity.
- Army Baby“What The F***!” Toad yelled. “Why in the freaking world would you send out rockets to a base that you don’t know of?!!”